photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Thursday, October 1, 2015

LET'S GIVE THEM SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT!


                                     
Oral language is the foundation of literacy. However, as children spend more time in front of a screen, their oral language skills and ability to engage in conversations is diminishing. And, that's why I'm presenting this webinar in a few weeks:

You'll also find a 30 page booklet on my website this month with tips, routines, rhymes, and ideas to engage children in oral language.

It’s interesting that the two top skills employers look for when they hire someone are good oral communication skills and the ability to get along with others. With technological advances in years to come, educators need to recognize the value of developing oral communication skills. Children need to speak in complete sentences, organize their thoughts, speak clearly, and use appropriate English to convey their thoughts.
Death is silent. Learning is NOISY! Please check out my website and join me for the webinar so YOU'LL HAVE SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT!I

Super Power
I met some amazing teachers last weekend in Las Vegas, including James Varga. Don't you love his shirt?
                                      
I TOUCH THE LIVES OF CHILDREN. WHAT'S YOUR SUPER POWER?

Hey, Hey, Good Lookin'
Here's a call back that Debby Schmitt taught me.
Teacher: Hey, hey, good lookin'
Students: Whatcha got cookin'